Monday 19 October 2020

"Can I Get Up? - "Just A Minute"

Stuff I've been enjoying.

*clears throat*

First off, I would recommend this documentary to everyone and anyone:

...moving and funny and sad. I know a lot of people rate "Grey Gardens" but personally I am not a fan. To me it feels exploitative of mental health; an ageist sneer. "Tosca's Kiss" is the antithesis.

I watched the BBC TV production of "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" for the fist time in light years..

...a great futuristic trip down memory lane. I remember recording it every week on on VHS only to forget to tape the sixth and last episode. D'oh! Re-watching it also led me to this (Simon Jones will forever be Arthur Dent).

This doc about Play For Today was another nostalgic watch. Wasn't Dennis Potter great?

"Us" quietly tore my heart out. Actor Tom Hollander's Life In The Day piece for The Sunday Times is almost as amusing:

The Trump Show (two episodes thus far) is a watchable recap of the frog-boiling inanity to which we have been normalised. I do wish he'd tried to take the presidential office oath with his hand placed on The Art Of The Deal instead of The Bible....

Also: 

Season 7 of Brooklyn Nine Nine...Season 2 of Schitt's Creek...all 3 x Hotel Transylvania films (helps if you have kids). No spoilers, but I was reminded of how much I like this:

Also, I keep listening to different versions of this...

Oh and I just spotted that "Hayman's Way" is on STV player featuring my music. Hooray.


Arrivederci x

No comments:

Post a Comment