Friday 27 November 2020

Like Trying To Strangle Two People At Once

With Christmas stockings to be filled I would recommend this book to anyone: 

And then there was the time that author Peter Ross encountered Lou Reed (echoes of the late Kim Fowley).

I've also been enjoying Morrissey's autobiography:

"I have attempted a second joke, which must be like trying to strangle two people at once."

I do wish that, back in the pre-Smiths days, the powers-that-were had greenlit his suggested Coronation Street script. Apparently it took to do with arguments over a new jukebox in the Rover's Return, culminating in the episode-closing declaration from Ena Sharples, "Do I really look like a fan of X-ray Spex?".

Two thumbs up for The Queen's Gambit thus far.

"Mission To India" from The Moth is a great story well-told by George Lombardi.

Amazing photos from Russia's frozen north here.

Every once in a while I remember this:

If you like the music of the late Ennio Morricone, you might find this interesting:

You've heard "Home" by Teenage Fanclub, right?

Well, here's a wee snap from setting up for the video...

And I reckon this - from my notebook when we were recording it in Cloudshill, Hamburg - refers to "Home". No ride cymbal until after the second chorus...

Spot The Monkey Competition

Farewell, Diego...

Gary Lineker's anecdotes are worth a watch, if you are that way inclined:

I have been writing prospective trailer music and also composing for a BBC doc that will go out next year.

Tinkety-tonk, Old Fruit and down with the Nazis!

No comments:

Post a Comment