Saturday 30 October 2021

Music To Plant Potatoes To...


Back for a third series and they haven't replaced my titles music so - hurrah.

And Beechgrove is back on BBC Scotland, BBC ONE Scotland & BBC TWO...

Phil Cunningham wrote the iconic Beechgrove titles music, of course. But as a close family member puts it, my music is used "when they plant potatoes..."

If you like Paul McCartney and you haven't heard it, I can recommend...this.

I loved hearing that "Junk" was inspired by Steptoe & Son...


I'm down with Succession.

Makes a change to watch a drama where you are not rooting for anyone.

So. Recently I made a tentative, off-peak, mask-wearing return to...*drum roll*...cinema going!

No Time To Die was up to the usual standard of user-friendly hokum....

...I grooved to The Velvets doc which looked great and sounded even better...

I dug the recent dementia-friendly screening of The Man Who Would Be King at Glasgow's good ol' GFT.

And this was a stylish, mannered hoot, in my opinion....


Every other shot was a celebration of set-design, framing and/or composition. Very glad I saw it on the big screen. In the spirit of Wes Anderson's own stylish sense of symmetry and balance however, I should also report the loudly-voiced opinion of another audience member as the credits rolled: "Life is too short - why do we sit through this sh*t?"

See you in July?


...or maybe in September?




Adios x

No comments:

Post a Comment