Thursday 30 December 2021

So These Are The Fittest To Have Survived

Nice Christmas? Good. I got these...

...so I'm happy.

I sure dug this...

And this. (I missed it first time it was on.)

Oh and the Ghosts Christmas special 2021.

And the brilliant BBC Quentin Blake doc...

I liked Alec Guinness's "My Name Escapes Me"

Now reading this...


All good dog owners know to bag it and bin it. The other day, despite the rain, I took Sita The Romanian Rescue for an afternoon walk in a nearby park, headphones in tow to listen to some music. Knowing next to nothing about him I went with Liszt. Spotify introduced me to his Six Consolations, specifically No. 3 in D-Flat performed by Daniel Barenboim. As it unfolded I felt like I was in a film, albeit one where we inhabit the POV of a central character foraging in long, wet grass for dog poo. (Sorry, Franz.)


Alan Bennett reading his 2021 Diary is here.

Don't Look Up felt worryingly relevant...



I enjoyed working on the music for this. Series 2 coming early next year.

I can vouch for Gino D'Acampo's recipe for tiramisu. (I've never met actually met a tiramisu I didn't like.)

Oh well. I have promises to keep... Happy New Year when it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment