Wednesday 22 March 2023

Quentin an' that

I bartered a couple of my signed art prints for a couple of beautiful, inspiring books by a genius:

They are brilliant. I especially love the spare, minimalist sketches of so much of the Year Of Drawings. How does he do it?!?

(I do have my eye on another art book for a possible art print swap sometime...)

Staying on my Quentin kick, I enjoyed listening to a podcast of the genius himself on Desert Island Discs. I liked his description of the Janáček piece as sounding what it feels like to draw.

And in this short podcast interview QB tells the story of how a taxi driver inspired him to tackle his own Guernica.

If you don't know this from Robert blinking Forster - you might like it:



Just kidding.

In other listening: Meet David Sedaris.

I'm keeping drawing/sketching/painting. Trying different things. Varying degrees of success but enjoying it. The trick is to keep carrying on...


































I'm going to get a shot at some screen printing soon - so watch this space....


Wee reminders:











No comments:

Post a Comment