Wednesday 24 May 2023

Nothing Lasts Forever

"Foreign Land" is a new song from the new Teenage Fanclub album "Nothing Lasts Forever" released 22nd Sept 2023. 

It was pretty great to record in Rockfield. A magical place. And we made the video in one of my favourite buildings.

You can pre-order "Nothing Lasts Forever" here. Teenage Fanclub tour dates are here.

Farewell Andy Rourke, player of great bass lines on great songs. After a festival in Perth, Australia with Teenage Fanclub many moons ago (he was playing with Badly Drawn Boy), I thought the best way to be able to say 'hello' to him was to offer to buy him a drink. Mr. Rourke requested "A Long Island Ice Tea". 

I enjoyed this.

I enjoyed this.


The penny dropped a little after watching it: Keith Floyd must have been a Noël Coward fan, dear boy!

I re-watched Sleeper for the first time in ages. One of my favourite things was the early-70s-vision-of-the-future costumes, props and set designs. Made me want to watch Fahrenheit 451.

I've been digging into various In Our Time culture podcasts: Hokusai, Bethe Morisot, Dylan Thomas, Beethoven, Robert Burns, etc. Ah, Melvyn. 

I'm giving Big Boys a go.

This is a heartbreaker from Rosen and Blake:

I am working away on TV documentary music. (I'm glad to see that two projects for which I wrote music - "War And Justice - The Case Of Marine A" and "The Ice Cream Wars" - are up for RTS awards.)

And still I try and set some time aside every day for art, including a dabble in still life collages...




























To quote Bob Dylan (happy birthday! - 82 years young!) quoting Woody Guthrie: take it easy, but take it. x

No comments:

Post a Comment