Friday 15 September 2023

September 1982

So - and I'll stop banging on about this any second now - my "Everyday Art" exhibition was an amazing experience. I learned a lot, met a load of interesting people, discovered a new-found affection for Dunfermline and sold 25 x pictures.

The collection has been broken up now. 

But signed souvenir posters are available here on my Bandcamp page.

Thanks again to Ian Moir at Fire Station Creative and everyone who helped and supported me.

Oh - my albums "Music For String Quartet, Piano & Celeste" and "Hamilton Mausoleum Suite" are both now available to buy digitally on Bandcamp too.


I enjoyed the Grayson Perry exhibition in Edinburgh.



Podcasts I liked:


Dexys were brilliant in Glasgow. I last saw them live at The Glasgow Pavilion on the Too-Rye-Ay tour (Sept 1982!) with my big sister. I was twelve years old. I bought a programme and pinned it to my bedroom wall. I drummed along with that album a LOT when I was young (also: Squeeze Argybargy; Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive; a Rolling Stones Best Of; and everything by The Police with whom I was indoctrinated in May 1979 (aged eight!) at Glasgow Apollo.) Ach, but that's enough nostalgic whimsy from this foolish old man.


Some recent drawings & sketches...

















Don't go changing.

-F x


No comments:

Post a Comment