Tuesday 5 September 2023

That's Aphrodite At The Waterhole, Mate!

Thanks to everyone who has so far attended "Everyday Art - Portraits By Francis Macdonald" - my first solo exhibition in the Abbot House Workshop in Dunfermline. Lots of great conversations with pals old and new. And quite a few pictures now sold. 

This was the first one to go - bought by Brian Jobson (brother of Richard) who popped in the day before opening whilst me and the amazing Ian Moir of Fire Station Creative were hanging everything:

Strange feeling to see that first wee red sticker go on the wall.

As I type there are a few days left. And a few pictures left unsold.  Open every day, 10-4pm, until Sunday. I will be there for the last two days; Sat 9th & Sun 10th Sept (2023!)

Thanks Paul English for this article...


Online version is here.

Thanks to Morgan Carmichael for this one in the Glasgow Times:

Online version is here.

And thanks to the brilliant Janice Forsyth for having me on her show on BBC Radio Scotland. You can listen here from around 1 hour 11 mins and 28 secs.

*Breaking News* guess who just received a postcard from David blinkin' Sedaris saying he really liked the drawing I sent him?!

Yikes.

OK.

TV stuff I would recommend:

Couples Therapy - every episode goes by in a flash.

Murder Trial - The Disappearance of Renee and Andrew MacRae - grimly fascinating.

No Activity - if you liked Colin From Accounts...

Dave Harewood on Blackface - brilliant (shocking) documentary.

The Price Of Truth - powerful. If ever a man deserved a bottle of 12 year-old Macallan....

And I am enjoying dipping in to I, Claudius. Those opening titles take me right back.

Not that anyone asked but I blinkin' *love* the drum entry here at 8 seconds...


Here are a some drawings...










































No comments:

Post a Comment