Wednesday 17 January 2024

Noice

I like This Cultural Life.

The Nigel Kennedy episode was well worth a listen.


Nice touch towards the end where he talked about how much he learned about life and priorities from his late dog.

The Andrew Scott episode was good - especially his mother's advice to always 'draw a bold line'. 

And the Werner Herzog one was great. Nuts but great. What a life! I'll bet his memoir is worth reading. (I still haven't seen Fitzcarraldo...)

The wonderful Michael Rosen was next. Great, of course. If he'd done nothing else (and he's done so much) - how much pleasure has We're Going On A Bear Hunt given the world? (And I think I now know why Jake Peralta, every once in a while, says, "Noice".)

Next up - Judi Dench.

I liked this:


Glad I saw it on the big screen. 

Loved the dance scene. That was when it started to click for me. Somehow I *think* it reminded me of this...


** Boastful TV composer alert ** I was glad to compose music for this.

And still I sketch and draw. Cue the music. (And no that isn't Alf Garnett - it's Emile blinkin' Waldteufel if you must know. ...)


























Over and out x



No comments:

Post a Comment