Thursday 1 February 2024

Sweet Gene

I decided to try and draw Frank Auerbach.

While I was doing so he popped up on the radio. 

I *really* liked this.


This too:


On TV I've been watching Murder Trial and BoJack Horseman.

I dig these designs by Mario Dagrada (whom I'd never heard of until about 5 minutes ago) so I had a go at sketching Maestro Dagrada from about the only photo I could find of him...


The book illustrations of Leslie Wood are groovy.


Apropos of nothing, Glen Campbell's vocals on this are quite something:

Talking of great songs and great vocals...


You can pre-order their new album "Look To The East, Look To The West" here.

Ticketlinks for Camera Obscura live in UK, US, Canada & Mexico are here.

Teenage Fanclub are playing this festival in London in August:

Current reading:

I knew he walked from Munich to Paris for Lotte Eisner...


...but I didn't realise he broke into houses on the way in order get somewhere to sleep.

Here come some more artistic meanderings including pictures of Paul Klee, Boris Karloff, Alvin Stardust, Totò, three attempts at Giorgio de Chirico and two thistles...



















































I'll leave you with this (thanks, Norman):

No comments:

Post a Comment