Friday, 14 August 2026

14th August

I didn't know John Douglas well. But whenever I met him he was easy company with a centred kindness you couldn't fake. People only had good things to say about him. Another reminder that life is not fair.

_____________

I have just finished David Sedaris "The Land And Its People". I could never pick a favourite Sedaris essay but, touching on mortality,  "Friends" is pretty special.

Now trying this cos I liked Tokyo Express:


Ian Nairn. I liked watching this and therefore this. Somehow melancholic. And moving. And funny.

I like this image - by Renato Guttuso - very much:

'Woman Sewing'

Enjoyed Glasgowspotting in the latest Spiderman film.

Ever rubbed garlic on toasted bread then spooned on grated tomato mixed through with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil? If not - I recommend it.

Nearly finished - after an extended hiatus - the final season of Better Call Saul.

I am writing music for a feature length documentary that I can't tell you about.

And now - the gallery...








Gilbert The Goat

































No comments:

Post a Comment