Sunday 18 November 2018

"Mummy's Gone Out For A Cigarette"

Well that was some finale...

Very nice to meet John-"I can't believe I met Norman"-Simm on Night 2 of the London run of Teenage Fanclub shows. He kindly filmed a wee message from The Master for my wee 'Whovian' boy (the latter's verdict: "It wasn't too bad".)


While in London I also caught a matinee performance of Pinter 4 ("Moonlight" and "Night School") which I loved. Great cast and performances. Funnily enough John Simm will appear in Pinter 6.

I ate lovely tapas in Jamon Jamon in Camden and delicious veggie lasagne in Rosetta in Covent Garden.

I visited Westminster Abbey which was pretty amazing. Photos aren't allowed but I told a guide that I had provided (a little bit of) music for the recent BBC Imagine doc about David Hockney's new stained glass window. He let me snap a photo as a souvenir of my seeing it 'in the flesh'...


To the National Gallery again. This painting affected me....



...maybe in part because I have been thinking about The Iolaire Disaster.

I also discovered Lorenzo Lotto.

I am singing some songs at this charity event with Stevie Jackson, Richard Luke, A New International and a Surprise Guest in Glasgow on 15th Dec. 


Looks like a beautiful venue.

I've been working on music for a TV programme which will be shown during the BBC Christmas schedules. It's a wee gem. V. chuffed to be involved. I'll be shouting about it when I can.

Say - Tracyanne & Danny are coming the West Coast of North America next year:


Tickets/info here.

RIP Roy Clark. I used to put this on compilation tapes to play in the BMX Bandits tour van:



Overheard at a recent screening of The Grinch in the Odeon, Braehead, Glasgow: "Mummy's gone out for a cigarette. Sit down."





1 comment:

  1. John Simm is one of my favourite actors. Knowing that he's a Teenage Fanclub fan has made him admire him even more, and I didn't think that could be possible! Oh, to have been there!

    ReplyDelete