Wednesday 7 November 2018

"The Right Words Inside Of The Right Melody"

I enjoyed this Bob Dylan interview.


Teenage Fanclub have played some more shows in Glasgow and Manchester since my last missive. 

All fun. 

Brendan has a gift for loosening up everyone in the building and reminding us all that we're here to have fun. I didn't spot this at the time from my stage-left grotto, but last night there was no sign of him before we started the second song of the set, "Sparky's Dream". B was supposed to play a wee bit of percussion over the intro but we assumed he'd gone AWOL....Oh well. Paul counted us in. Norman played the opening lick. An arm emerged from the black curtain at the back of stage shaking a maraca...

Amazing shot of Karen 'Amy Pond' Gillan. Taken with a phone camera, would you believe?
On Sunday I attended the BAFTA Scotland Awards 2019. Tuxedo? Tick. But it always comes around just too late for me to remember how to tie my back tie. Hurray for youtube tutorials.  "The Force: The Story Of Scotland's Police" (wot I done music for) was nominated but didn't win. However, I got a blether with David Hayman (lovely man), a chat with the good folks of GMAC, and caught up with various folks that have helped me get on with making music for TV. And the caramelised onion tart starter was delish.

Yesterday (as I type) I visited the Manchester Art Gallery.





I've eaten salt & pepper baby squid in Red Chilli and Catalan black pudding in Lunya.

Oh and here's some TFC LP reissue news.

Might give this a go.

*message ends*

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Francis! Always enjoy hearing about your travels! Looking forward to seeing you in Boston MA!

    ReplyDelete