Tuesday 3 March 2020

Robert Bloody Forster - and some Teenage Fanclub News

All being well I am extremely looking forward to opening for the wunderbar Robert Forster in Strathaven in May.


I *loved* Robert's show at St Luke's last year. 

Here's just one wee gem among many that could slip by if you didn't know better...


I fell for The Go-Betweens around the time of The Friends Of Rachel Worth. I hadn't been drumming long with Teenage Fanclub. We played with them in Madrid and Barcelona. Nov 2000. Quite the epiphany.

Talking of Teenage Fanclub (editor's note: silky...) - ta dah!:


Tickets on sale soon - www.teenagefanclub.com

Album sessions have been fun and productive. Watch this space.

I will be talking about composing for film/TV at this BAFTA Scotland event in Glasgow on 28th March. Tell your aspiring composer pals.

Talking of composing (editor: you're on fire, Francis...) I finally got to see "Eminent Monsters" on a big screen. A powerful film directed by Stephen Bennett and edited by Berny McGurk. I am very glad to have been involved.

I liked this:


Following on from this (which I dug)...


...I am re-reading this (which I am digging).


I saw Scottish Opera's Nixon In China. If I'm honest I loved the staging more than the music.

For some reason I am really enjoying the BBC repeats of Rick Stein's Long Weekends.

That's Rick Stein - not me.
Also grooving to Inside Number 9 and Better Call Saul.

I am working on titles music for a top secret TV project. It's all about... ha! - just kidding. I can't say.

This is still on telly. I tweeted about it and look what happened...

Right - I'm offski. Remember to wash your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment