Wednesday 6 May 2020

Swingin' Along

Hope folk are bearing up OK.

We bought a swing seat for the garden. Sitting on it feels like going on holiday (not really).


I've been watching Keith Floyd, Better Call Saul and Normal People.


I happened upon this curio about Monty Python making shows for German TV in 1971. On first arriving they were taken to visit a concentration camp. I won't repeat what Graham Chapman shouted when it was closed.


If my experience is anything to go by - any 11 year-olds you know might enjoy Homeschool History on BBC Radio 4.

I caught up with an old doc by director Stephen Bennett called The Boys Of Ballikinrain: a viewing experience to remind you that all behaviour has a reason - and that we need to count our blessings.

Stephen directed "Eminent Monsters" which received its BBC premiere last night (as I type). An important documentary about state-sponsored torture with a story that stretches from Canada to Guantanamo to Northern Ireland and beyond, I was glad of the opportunity to compose the soundtrack.


My music also features on the current series of both "Beechgrove" (BBC Scotland / BBC TWO) and "Emergency Helicopter Medics" (Channel 4). And I wrote the theme tune for "Inside Central Station" - back for a second series on the BBC Scotland TV channel.

A reminder that I contributed a song - Punk Rock Boy - to Juniper's debut album.


Don Fleming and Ira Kaplan play guitars. Crazy. More info here.

(Reader's voice: "Stop boasting!")
Apparently it's 14 years since we lost Grant McLennan. I wrote this about his passing in 2006.

We still have his songs.


My late mum used to sing this.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment