Saturday 15 May 2021

...One Of Those Smiles The Lips Have Forgotten Before They Reach The Eyes...

Thanks to everyone who's bought/streamed "Endless Arcade" thus far, propelling us to Number 11 (count ' em) in the Official UK album Charts on the week of release.


And thanks for all the kind words; most especially this from Brendan O' Hare...

If you missed (or you'd like to relive, you crazy person) the Tim's Twitter Listening Party happening - here's the link.

I should have posted this pic during it - my POV in the Hamburg studio...

Ah, l' esprit de l'escalier.

There have been a load of articles here and there. The Line Of Best Fit interviewed Norman and Raymond about The Pivotal Moments Of Teenage Fanclub.

If you haven't bought "Endless Arcade" yet (huh?) - you can do so here.

What else?

Wee interview with the great Julian Barratt - here.

Wee interview with the great Toby Jones - here.

And speaking of Toby Jones (Silky! -Ed.) I enjoyed TJ's adaption of 5 x Marcovaldo stories by Italo Calvino on Radio 4 (thanks for the tip, Eugene). Jones narrates and McKenzie Crook is understatedly brilliant as the put upon hero. They made me re-read this:

Now I'm reading some Raymond Chandler for a thing.

I've been getting into cheese - the dairy foodstuff. 

Some Alp Blossom last week

I've got an idea for a joke:

How do a porcupine and a slice of Welsh cheese make love?

Very Caerphilly. 

Admittedly it's not quite there yet. Needs development. Might start a crowdfunder.

TV? I'm still watching The Hairy Bikers, Monty Python, Futurama, Giants Of Snooker...

And finally, Esther....

I was glad to write the titles music for Series 3 of Inside Culture With Mary Beard.

And so to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment