Wednesday 27 July 2022

Always On My Mind

As I type (Wed 27th of July). Always On My Mind is happening: an exhibition of art curated by Harry Pye at the Fitzrovia Gallery, London. Harry asked me to contribute 3 x drawings of Elvis. So I did. Proceeds from sales go to The National Brain Appeal.


Some more info here and here  - and here: 

Here's Harry standing by my Elvis Triptych...

In other news - I was glad to compose the soundtrack for this compelling, though-provoking doc. 9pm on Channel 4 this Sunday, 31st July:


Stephen Bennett is a great documentary director.

I remember this photo from when I met William Eggelston - briefly, yonks ago -  in Memphis:



So I thought I would try and sketch him (and my shoulder):


Things that have tickled my fancy recently include Borgen (just started Series One); home-made treacle scones; and Joni Mitchell singing "Both Sides Now" at Newport this year.

Oh and Teenage Fanclub are playing this festival in Galicia.

Here are some more recent drawings...


















Hast la vista x

No comments:

Post a Comment