Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Jaffa Cakes And Blue Ribands on the same plate - these people have got money"

If you love Bill Forsyth's films - this is a great listen.

Having finally seen it, I can attest to the splendid bonkers-ness of Penda's Fen (and this was a nice chaser).

Todd Rundgren was fab at the Glasgow Theatre Royal the other night. "I Saw The Light", "Open My Eyes", "Can We Still Be Friends", Hello It's Me". And "Honest Work" was another highlight.

I *loved* Two Doors Down at The Hydro. Loved it!

Hooray for the GFT Youth Film Festival. I re-watched and "Do The Right Thing" and discovered this wee gem:


I just came across this wee film (for which I composed the music) for the first time in years:


Teenage Fanclub played a big show in Tokyo as guests of Spitz. Very gracious hosts with lots of nice fans: eleven thousand of them!

I read this on the plane over:



Met nice folk. Ate delicious food. Signed a Cheeky Monkey LP. And I visited the National Art Center to see two exhibitions:























I am enjoying Alan Rough's autobiography. Here's a wee bit on Scotland manager Willie Ormond:


And now.......some art:

















































No comments:

Post a Comment