Friday 1 June 2018

Hello June!

OK. So it's June...


I saw The Rutles in Glasgow last week. Loved it.

This week I had a wee trip to the beautiful city of Bristol to catch the live debut of Tracyanne & Danny, promoting "your new favourite album".

First gig was a corker.
Tracyanne & Danny at The Lantern, Bristol
Then they conquered London.

Soundcheck - Oslo, London
Gig - Oslo, London
I had a wee wander around Tate Modern...








I walked over the Millennium Bridge past St Paul's...


Thence to Rough Trade East in-store which was dandy.

Rough Trade East instore - soundcheck
Rough Trade instore - gig
I also got a wee tour of the local area so now I know where Gilbert & George live. I decided not to knock on their door and tell them that their show in Dublin induced my 9 year-old to declare, "My brian hurts", although they might have liked that.

Then it was upwards and onwards for an emotional show in Glasgow.

Emotional soundcheck - St Luke's, Glasgow
Emotional gig - St Luke's Glasgow
Nice to have Edwyn blinking' Collins onstage for a vocal cameo during "Alabama" (!!!)

Then home and up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire.


Calling all people of (the east coast of) America!! Tell your pals: Tracyanne & Danny are coming your way this month:

Jun 15     Durham, NC – Motorco

AND they play Electric Fields in Scotland in September (*cough* as do Teenage Fanclub *cough*)...


So there you have it.

Tinkety-tonk, old fruit, and down with the nazis!

No comments:

Post a Comment