Sunday 24 June 2018

Tracyanne & Danny (and me ) in NY

So last week I was in NY to see Tracyanne & Danny at the Williamsburg Hall Of Music.

soundcheck
gig
Another great show.

The esteemed Laura Cantrell came along but I forgot to get a selfie.


Laura's pal Rachel Liebling (daughter of Jerome Liebling) recommended I attend this Vintage NY photography exhibition featuring the work of David and Sandra Weiner. I loved it.



T&D also recorded a session for Gaylord Fields at WFMU, going out sometime after 8pm, Eastern Time on Sunday 24th June.


I ate pizza slices and cheesecake, oxtail ragu, street tacos - and fruit salad.

At Bamonte's I got 'my usual' (i.e. for the third time in 10 years). Meatballs & spaghetti, glass of house red. The owner showed us the table where Joe DiMaggio used to sit.


On the flight over I listened to this, which was a bit emotional:


I wandered round Brooklyn.









I met up with my ol' pal Michael Shelley for a wee Cheeky Monkey reunion and we want to MOMA.





















We had clam chowder in the Grand Central Station oyster bar .


Last time I was there I was in the company of Tracyanne Campbell and Carey Lander.

I bade the T&D crew farwell at the Rough Trade record store in Williamsburg, Brooklyn...

A post shared by Tracyanne&Danny (@tracyanneanddanny) on

...and off they went to conquer Massachusetts.

I flew back to Manchester and had some time to kill before getting my train.  I got a tram out to Media City to visit The Lowry. I was just too late to hear this in situ:


I watched this and loved it.


This is still genius.

If you are swithering (to use a good Scottish phrase) about catching Tracyanne & Danny live on their North American tour - swither no more. Band are sounding great.

Get on the case now before it's too late - https://www.tracyanneanddanny.com

I'm off to walk around Glasgow city centre, stepping out in front of taxis saying, "Hey I'm walking here!" and that kind of thing.

Oh and the world cup is on, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment