Monday 22 October 2018

I do like London

I had to go to London for some stuff.






I ate in Joe Allen's (didn't spot Kenneth Williams)...




...and also in J Sheekey (didn't spot David Bailey (although the bloke next to me was telling his pal how he had performed Hamlet a few times, so that was kind of fun)).

I had a burrito in Benito's Hat (if you know what I mean). I had a drink in The Coach & Horses (no Tom Baker). I ate in Chinatown (Wong Kei - but their supposedly famously rude waiters weren't that rude).


I hooked up with Harry Pye and we went to see a 50th anniversary screening of 2001: A Space Odyssey in the beautiful Print Charles Cinema off Leicester Square which probably looks exactly the same as 50 years ago. Amazing, beautiful-looking film to experience on the big screen.


I visited The National Gallery and The National Portrait Gallery.

Me after breakfast at Joe Allen's







I looked at some of Bob's new Mondo Scripto stuff in the Castle Gallery.


I got a discounted ticket for a West End show The Comedy About A Bank Robbery - which was fun.

I watched this  David Hockney doc (which had a tiny bit of my music).


I had a meeting to do with TV music and I saw Tracyanne & Danny rockin' Bush Hall.

Back up the road I've been filling my head up with Teenage Fanclub rehearsals. Good to hear Brendan and Paul laying down their grooves.

I'll say it. Dr. Who's Rosa Parks episode moved me to tears.

The glorious Tracyanne & Danny are playing some shows in Newcastle, London, The Hague, Cologne, Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Paris.


Info/ticket links here.

Tinkety-tonk, old fruit, and down with the nazis.

1 comment: