Tuesday 30 October 2018

In The Footsteps of Robert Vickers

So the Teenage Fanclub bandwagon is off and running. Two loosey-goosey warm-up shows in Livingston and Glasgow's CCA, and then first night at Glasgow Barrowlands Ballroom playing the albums "Bandwagonesque" & "13". Lots of fun.


During soundcheck as I was strumming Norman's epiphone at the front of the stage (not my usual turf) for a run through "Is This Music?", I got to thinking: this is more or less the exact spot where once I saw Robert Vickers (bassist with the Go-Betweens who were supporting Aztec Camera) extend his middle finger - mid song - to the faceless bampot that flicked a lit cigarette at him. And that wasn't yesterday. Funny the things that come to mind.

Speaking of The Go-Betweens, I dug this when I saw it...



Tracyanne & Danny are off on tour shortly:


Tracyanne & Danny tickets/info here


And Teenage Fanclub have just announced some European shows for next year:


Teenage Fanclub live info here

I'm enjoying watching the new Dr. Who with my wee boy. We re-watched Vincent And The Doctor too. Great episode. I was overcome with emulsion. (Wee painting joke there). I also took my wee boy to see the new Johnny English film. He loved it so I loved it. And Inside No 9's live Halloween special was a hoot.

Oh and I thought this was quite something from David Mackenzie...



Right - I am away to practise.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Francis - great gigs this last week. I must get along to that Go-Betweens film, what a great band,

    ReplyDelete