Monday 4 February 2019

Hong Kong was...

...groovy.


Lots of nice people came to see Teenage Fanclub. We played new songs and old songs - including Catholic Education which I last played 28 years ago on the one day I was in the studio with Teenage Fanclub (before they were called Teenage Fanclub. I think most of those drum takes were done in or two takes (voice from the back: Aye you can tell)) so it was a bit spooky to be playing it again. But not too spooky.

We did a signing after the show.

Blasts from the past.
While in town I took the ferry across Victoria Harbour to mainland China.


I also popped in to the Goethe Gallery in the Hong Kong Arts Centre and saw some nutty Swiss campaign posters from over the years ("Say No To Suffrage", anyone?)







I generally wandered about....



Spot the selfie...


I saw some familiar faces and ate some unfamiliar food (including white truffle crisps). And then we were off to Japan...

Btw I provided the music for this powerful doc, screening at the Glasgow Film Festival on 3rd March...


Wendy Cope on Desert Island Discs is worth a listen, as is this BBC doc about The Beatles rooftop concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment