Friday 16 July 2021

Indiana Jones And The St Vincent Street Ticker Tape Parade

Last weekend = Paesano pizza, Austin Powers and Dumb & Dumber.

This week I took a rare trip into Glasgow city (where filming of the next Indiana Jones film is underway) and wandered about Downtown Manhattan circa 1969.




I enjoyed working on the titles music for this. 

The music brief indicated that Amol likes Jamaican Dub. So I dug out my melodica and turned up the Reverb and Delay.

I was glad my pal Harry Pye roped me into providing the music for this...


I finished the BBC adaptation of 'Tinker Tailor Soldier, Spy'. Loved it. They don't make them like that anymore. The late Geoffrey Burgon wrote the music including this over the end credits...



Here is his obituary from 2010, written by Terry Jones.

And here is a more recent obituary, for Colin Tully who wrote the soundtrack for the beloved 'Gregory's Girl'...

I suppose it is tricky to imagine any film with a different soundtrack. But I'm very glad that Bill Forsyth went with Colin Tully. 

My mind keep wondering back to this and I realised - I'm like Henry Fonda's character in 12 Angry Men, but without the skills of persuasion.

Now reading this...


Tinkety-tonk, old fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment