Wednesday 28 July 2021

Happy Gotcha Day

So the Doune The Rabbit Hole is up the swanny. More info here.

Green Man still beckons for Teenage Fanclub...


Talking of ('live') shows, I loved Bob's contrived, moderately perverse we're-not-miming-honest Shadow Kingdom show...


What Is Bob Dylan's Best Song is a pointless game. But I sure do love "When I Paint My Masterpiece". This solo piano demo version is a gem.

I enjoyed this...


It stretched me a wee bit but that was kind of the point.

Nice riposte, Ludwig.

Now I'm giving this a go...

I like the film Death Watch by Bertrand Tavernier. I like its soundtrack by the late Antoine Duhamel. (I once titled a short piece of music after him: I also got his address and sent him a wee letter and a miniature of Jura whisky.) A while ago I was looking at the LP cover...

...and on the back there is a picture of Duhamel and someone called Harry Rabinowitz working together in a recording studio....

This led me to an episode of Desert Island Discs featuring Rabinowitz (at the grand old age of 99). Among plenty of other stuff (working on Chariots Of Fire, Barbara Streisand stopping a recording session in order to sit down to a Chinese meal, etc.) Sid James pops up in a nice wee aside. If you're that way inclined you can listen here.

Karine Polwart is great in this radio doc about "The Parting Glass".

On the subject of The Crystal Bucket, I've been Catching up with Don't Forget The Driver; Revisiting Stranger Things; nearly finished Monty Python series on Netflix. 

We've had Sita The Rescue Dog for a year...


...so we sang her Happy Birthday....


...and ate homemade cupcakes. Sita had a pupcake. 

I am writing music for something that I can't tell you about.

Tinkety-tonky. x

No comments:

Post a Comment