Friday 10 September 2021

Manchester And London - Sept 21

 Great to play Manchester.

Norman tuning up cos you're worth it.

Great to play London.

Norman still tuning up 24 hours later.

I'm slightly jealous that at around the same time I was scoping out posh-but-bland post-soundcheck fish and chips (subsequently eating them sat on a wall near Hampstead Heath), Raymond saw Michael blinkin' Palin "looking well" chatting to an apparent Monty Python fan in the street in Gospel Oak. 

I dug this....

...A dark tale superbly told. I loved how Simenon constantly moved backwards and forwards in time, all the while keeping you (well, me) guessing.

Now I am glad to be back in the world of George Smiley...

Does anyone do it better than John Le Carré?

If you missed this charming documentary, directed by Alison Pinkney and featuring some of my music, alongside George Jones and Dolly Parton...

...you can catch it here.

Series 3 of Ghosts is fab. Roll on Series 4...

If you want a giggle you could do worse than go and listen to what Jerry Lee Lewis does with "When A Man Loves A Woman".

No comments:

Post a Comment