Monday 21 February 2022

Sorry, Alison...

So I watched this.

Preposterous, accidentally funny baloney come codswallop. All it lacked was Leslie Nielsen popping up to announce, "I'm a doctor". But I was glad to see it again for the first time since Hamilton Odeon in 1977 (?!).  I had flickering remembrances throughout. Crazy.

Here's the proper Transmission Card for Extraordinary Escapes. Next episode Thur 24th Feb.

(I enjoyed working on the music.)

I've been re-watching The Office; Series 1&2 plus the Christmas Special. Still great. I was always indifferent to Yazoo but the masterful use of this towards the end of the Christmas finale converted me. Great song. Great vocals. Sorry it took me so long, Alison.

Michael Rosen's Sticky McStickstick is a beautiful book.

Isn't this a bit good? Ah, Alex...

More sketchy drawings...





















Full marks if you can spot:
De Niro, Harry H Corbett, Michael Gambon, Lucian Freud (about to batter me for my dodgy efforts), Tony Hancock, Stanley Baxter, Shakespeare, Robert Mitchum, Matisse, Picasso, Einstein, Al Pacino, Sita the dog, Jean Dubuffet (I'm so sorry, monsieur (voice from the back: "he's one to talk")), Vincent Price and Sophia Loren.
I think I got the idea of sketching Freud from listening back to this:


Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment