Monday 6 June 2022

Like A Revival Meeting At Lourdes

I am glad to have been invited to contribute some drawings to this charity event...

Reminder - if you or someone you know is interested in composing for TV, film etc. - I am doing a thing for New Music Scotland on Tues 21st June.

Meanwhile I am working on music for two documentary projects that I can't tell you about (BBC & Channel 5)

I thought David Harewood on Desert Island Discs was a moving listen.

I also liked Stephen Fry on Oscar Wilde's De Profundis (which I haven't read) on The Blacklisted podcast

This is an interesting, rollicking ride...


Another wee taste, if you will, of the great Alan Bennett: 


As I read his Pandemic Diaries I can hear his voice. Bizarrely as I dip into this - I can also hear his voice...

Try the following with slightly lugubrious, Yorkshire-accented intonation:

Richard E. Grant attends the LA premiere of Die Harder:


Stranger Things Season 4 Part1? Tick. Also still digging "Conversations With Friends" and a re-watch of "The Detectorists".

More sketches. See if you can find: 
Jonathan Miller, Alan Bennett, Charles Hawtrey, Christopher Strauli, Alexei Sayle, Peter Ustinov, Sheila Hancock, Roy Scheider, Sue Perkins, Sita the dog, Michael Caine (shut it), César Manrique, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, Salvador Dalí, Rachael Stirling (sorry, hen), Jean-Luc Godard (clue: his left eyeball could just about fit in his right nostril), Michael Jayston, Simon Farnaby and Simon Callow...






















Tinkety-tonk, Old Fruit and down with the Nazis! x




No comments:

Post a Comment