Friday 21 August 2015

Just Giving


I'm not going to bang on about how great a band Camera Obscura are and how privileged I feel to work with them and how brilliant a person Carey Lander is. I think the last time I tried to pay her an unvarnished compliment she told me to "Shut up."

You can read the statement they have recently put out on facebook.

Meanwhile it is cheering to see Carey's Just Giving page is raising money for a very worthy cause. A good thing born of a bad thing.

Carey often comes with me to see BAFTA Scotland screenings. This past week we saw "The Salt Of The Earth" and gave it 4 x thumbs up between us...



Before I go, The Vaselines play Summerhall, Edinburgh tonight. It probably won't be much fun. How can a band that takes themselves this seriously put on an entertaining show?





No comments:

Post a Comment