Saturday 21 November 2015

Another Fond Farewell

Today we said goodbye to Stewart Cruickshank - a lovely, lovely man.


(Iain Anderson recently paid fond tribute here to his former producer on BBC Radio Scotland).

There were lots of stories, memories and music. Phil Cunningham played a beautiful air called "On The Edge Of The White Rock" on solo accordion and, for a moment, seemed to stop time. If only. I have been to too many memorial services lately.

Carey Lander's Just Giving Page has now raised over £75k - so that is something positive.

There are two weeks left of the Songwriting Workshop that I am teaching at Glasgow University Centre For Open Studies. It has been a rewarding experience for me and the attending students seem to have been getting a lot out of the experience. The next class kicks off in January if you know anyone interested. (Scroll to page 46 here).

I saw a sneak preview of "Room". Great film. Amazing performance from a child actor:



I'll sign off with this. Lindsay Hutton reminded me today that Ben Vaughn played Maryhill many moons ago: I was drumming and Mr. Cruickshank, among others, was jiving to the likes of this...







No comments:

Post a Comment