Wednesday 4 November 2015

Belle And Simple Sebastian Minds

On Monday I went to the Save The Children gig at Glasgow's Armadillo organised by Stuart from Belle & Sebastian. 

Every B&S album seems to have a stand out track (State I'm In, I Fought In A War, etc.) and when they started their set with this it - hit the bullseye...


An hour later Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill swanned onstage, to be backed by B&S, and RAISED THE ROOF. "I Promised You A Miracle" and "Don't You Forget About Me". JK's voice and his lion-in-winter-sporting-a-funeral-directors-crombie stage presence filled the place. Cue collective energy rush. If Jim had declared, "Who wants to be saved?" I'd likely've been off down the front banging a tambourine.

And all for a good cause.

Simple Belle & Sebastian (blowing) Minds

I enjoyed Catastrophe last night too.

If you have Sky I can recommend "Prisons: First & Last 24 Hours" and not just because I did the music. (But partly because I did the music.) Episode 2 tonight (Wed 4th Nov).

And speaking of good causes...


No comments:

Post a Comment