Thursday 18 May 2017

Awards Schmawards


Last night I attended the Royal Television Scotland Awards in Glasgow.

The Dunblane documentary directed by Stephen Bennett (for which I provided the music) was nominated. It didn't win but I was chuffed for other winners including Louise Lockwood (Director Of The Year) and Jonathan Seale (Editor) - and the great Billy Connolly. Billy received the RTS Scotland Award and sent a nice filmed message of thanks from Florida.

Robbie Coltrane and Gok Wan were in attendance but neither of them approached me for a selfie. Weird.

I remember Gok Wan being a good guest on Desert Island Discs a few years ago. He tells a beautiful story about his parents - his dad in particular - accepting his sexuality.

More recently if you haven't heard Liz Lochead on the same show - I highly recommend it.

Did I mention Bob Dylan was amazing in Glasgow last week? Well he was.

Films I have dug include:



and



and



And finally, Cyril?

And finally, Esther....

I've been doing music for a new ad but I can't tell you who for. Wish I could give you a lidl clue.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment