Sunday 17 November 2019

Weissenhauser, Etc

Ok. First off - I've got a gig.


It's been a few yonks since I stood on stage solo acoustic singing songs. Should be fun. I'm sure I'll dip into "Bonjour" - the album I made with Harry Pye. 25th January. Free. Tell your Newcastle pals.

Talking of Harry Pye, here's a film Harry made with his pal Gordon Beswick about Vincent Van Gogh in London. I was sure glad to provide the soundtrack. Apparently it was a toss up between me and Don Mclean.


No - not that Don Mclean.

 Anyway it's only 5 minutes long. Feel free to share...


Teenage Fanclub just returned from playing the Rolling Stone Beach festival in Weissenhauser, Germany.

A few hours before the show I made a flying visit to Hamburger Kunsthalle. Loved it.







Ruffian.








Couldn't get near the Wanderer Above A Sea Of Fog...

















Gig was fab...


And if you we're keeping score, this week I did not cock up the intro to "Darkest Part Of The Night".


And now I'm home.

The second week of Series 3 of Cash Trapped is on ITV. I've seen my theme tune compared to Lush, to The Dead Kennedys, and to an announcement that the world is about to end. Hmm. Follow Twitter hasthtag #CashTrapped between 5pm and 6pm most weekdays between now and Christmas and you'll see that passions are running high.


Meanwhile I am putting the finishing touches to some music for a documentary about the creator of a certain bear from Darkest Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment