Wednesday 13 November 2019

Wot no schnitzel?

Last week Teenage Fanclub played the Rolling Stone festival in Rust, Germany.

Twas fun.


Off season Europa-park was a wee bit Euro Disney, a wee bit Vegas, a wee bit Westworld.


Instead of Micky Mouse they have Ed Euromaus. Here's a photo of a photo of Ed showing some Solidarność with Lech Walesa...


Our hotel - El Andaluz - had a Spanish theme; wallpaper with ye olde castille stonewall effect and the like. Meanwhile this chap was the greeter at the Hotel Colosseo.

Not Lech Walesa
At the aftershow party the DJ played The Police "So Lonely". One eschewed the opportunity to dance. But I did remember my first ever concert - The Police supported by The Cramps at Glasgow Apollo in May 1979. I was 8 (!!) years old. The Apollo was a bear pit. Two thousand Police fans chanting "Fuck off! Fuck off! at Lux & Co. I was experiencing sensory overload, wondering if all these people went to mass. But I digress.

In order to celebrate the return of Cash Trapped on STV & ITV, (featuring my music - and no I still haven't met Bradley)...


...I decided to order a celebratory, first taste ever, of Johnnie Walker Blue Label...
Some Johnnie Walker and a glass of Pils last week.
I won't be doing that again in a  hurry...
*Spits whisky out in shock*
Best stick to the tried and tasted...


In other news I can recommend Real Kashmir FC on BBC i-player; "At Eternity's Gate" on Netflix; and this...


(On first reflection I thought I liked it a lot. Now I think I loved it.)

This weekend Teenage Fanclub play Rolling Stone Beach in Weissenhäuser. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment