Wednesday 8 July 2020

Jaja Ding Dong

So farewell then, Ennio.

photo by
Roberto Granatiero
Cinema Paradiso was my Morricone epiphany. I saw it by accident (in 1989?) at the Glasgow Film Theatre, back in the daze of my student days. (I thought I was going to see The Cook, The Thief, His Wife And Her Lover - which I've still never seen - but I managed to get my dates wrong. D'oh.) The curtains opened on some Italian film or other. With subtitles! Oh well I'm here now...


On the subject of brilliant compos... I was glad to work on the music for "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore". It's a jewel of a film. A short BAFTA Scotland-winning documentary made by Hannah Currie and Beth Allan.


It recently got an outing on BBC Scotland so you can play BBC i-player catch-up here.

"Priest School" (featuring my music) was on BBC TWO recently. (Yay!) A great project with which to be involved...
A trainee priest yesterday.
...Seminarians playing football, drinking negronis on balconies and praying an' that. Beautifully shot. Here's the link.

Episode 4 of State Of Happiness but! Am-I-right?!?

Thumbs up for this Radio 4 doc about Sheku Kanneh-Mason rehearsing Elgar's Cello Concerto.

Also Ep1 of Being Beethoven. Ludwig was a far cry from being a happy bunny.

If you grooved to The Story Of Fire Saga as much as me (this song in particular (context helps)), you might dig this article.

Oh! I watched ABBA: The Movie...


...Twas a hoot. No one - and I mean no one - can carry off blue eye shadow like Agnetha Fältskog.

Just remembered - I reckon this was me trying to write a melody with Morricone in mind.


In other news - I have no other news.

Tinkety-tonk, old fruit, and down with the Nazis...

No comments:

Post a Comment