Wednesday 1 July 2020

It's July



Tchaikovsky wrote 12 x piano pieces - January, February, March etc. - collectively entitled "The Seasons". One wag wrote in to Radio 3 a while ago to wonder why it wasn't called "The Months" instead. Good question.

Here's one wee cure for the lockdown blues:


Yes - I liked it. Guilty as charged! Slap the cuffs on! In fact it's led me to a minor obsession with ABBA. I had them on my out-for-a-wee-run spotify playlist and even managed an extra lap of the local pond because Does Your Mother Know came on.

Other stuff I have been liking:

State Of Happiness...


This repeated Alan Bennett Diaries doc;

All 6 x episodes of "Billy And Us";

A short story by Elizabeth Taylor called "Taking Mother Out";

This song by Amy Allison:


And I keep dipping back into Tom Lubbock's "Great Works: 50 Paintings Explored". I know so very little about art. I wish Tom was still with us in order to share more brilliant insights.

What else?

Oh! This short BAFTA Scotland-winning film is on BBC Scotland on Monday 6th July at 11.45pm:



It's a gem. I was glad to help on the music.

I'd like to share some Teenage Fanclub news......but I can't.

See ya. Wouldn't wanna be ya.... x

No comments:

Post a Comment