Tuesday 6 October 2020

And The Men That Were Boys When I Was A Boy Shall Sit And Drink With Me

I previously blogged about playing in Brazil and crossing paths with Pedro Montenegro. Pedro asked me to cover a song from Paul Bryan's album "Listen Of" for his show on Soho Radio. Well... here t'is:


I've also previously blogged about Laura Cantrell too, of course. I loved her on-line gig for Fallen Angels Glasgow Americana festival. 


Hearing Laura sing Diamonds & Rust (written by Joan Baez about Bob Dylan) was a highlight.


I like this poem "Failing And Flying" by Jack Gilbert.

I'm watching and enjoying "Us". Maybe *I* should blinkin' well write my own comedy drama.


Ah, now *adjusts glasses*... Norman Blake will be tweeting about "Songs From Northern Britain" for Tim's Twitter Listening Party on Sunday 1st November at 10pm. Since you didn't ask: this is the only Fanclub album on which I have an actual co-write. I wasn't in the band at the time, of course. Me and Norm came up with the music for "Planets" while he had an acoustic guitar and I was sat at either a Wurlitzer or a Clavinova in his gran's house in Bellshill. I'm claiming the Cmaj-B7 chord progression at the start of the chorus. Normski wrote the words later on. This was supposed to be a song for a single on my label Shoeshine, under the name Frank Blake but Normanzo wanted to keep it for SFNB. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

I devoured this:


What a band they were.

Now I am reading and enjoying this:

"...singing together dances joyfully ahead of polite introductions and tentative conversations, and scatters primrose petals on the paths of dalliance."


I watched Onward with the kids. Two thumbs up. Also re-watched "Monsters University",  "Inside Out" and "101 Dalmatians" (1961).


I wonder if this makes anyone else nostalgic?:



See ya,
Wouldn't wanna be ya. x

No comments:

Post a Comment