Monday 11 April 2022

Glasgow-Sheffield-Leeds-Nottingham with Teenage Fanclub

The Glasgow show was fun with a capital F (we played this live for the first time) and now we're off on tour in UK/Europe.

I'm reading a book about  Stravinksy. No one writes letters like this anymore do they: (Debussy to Igor):

Sheffield dressing room. I drew Ken Dodd and Rula Lenska... 


Tour van musings: "In Venice Venetian blinds are just called blinds".

Visited the Leeds Art Gallery.









Loved the Tiled Tea Hall. Slice of carrot cake - tick.


Leeds dressing room - I drew Rowlf...


I resisted the temptation to drink this...






How's this for fancy drinking water? 


Too fancy. Kept trying to open a can for swig between songs but I've got no nails and Norman would start strumming...

When in Nottingham:

Brian Clough - no really.

A word to the wise. Don't attempt a sketch of Lionel Blair when mildly inebriated. You might end up with an expressionist self-portrait...


I felt the urge to redeem myself with Monty Don and Basil Brush...

Monty Don

Basil Brush

All the gigs have been great fun by the way.

Onward to Birmingham via a pub lunch in Ashby-de-la-Zouch.

Believe in the affection of your devoted.

No comments:

Post a Comment