Wednesday 3 June 2015

The Cramps, Sting and Andy Stewart


 
With The Foo Fighters' catering a distant memory I have been back slaving over a hot clavinova making music for TV/film projects that I cannot discuss.

The good people at Glasgow Music City Tours invited me to blog about my favourite Glasgow music venue(s), hence the name of THIS blog. Here is Part 1 and here is Part 2.

This Friday (5th June) I am performing some pieces from my album "Music For String Quartet, Piano And Celeste" at BBC Scotland, Pacific Quay, Glasgow on the Bryan Burnett show. I will be playing piano.  The Cairn String Quartet will be playing the string quartet and the esteemed Brian McAlpine will be playing celeste. Here is great photo from our rehearsal:


Oh and I will be on BBC Scotland's "Classics Unwrapped" on Sunday 7th June. Exciting.

And finally, a recent 'conversation' popped back into my head:

6 year-old to 5 year-old: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
5 year-old: "Yes."
6 year-old: "What am I thinking?"
5 year-old (after a brief pause): "I don't know."



No comments:

Post a Comment