Monday 2 May 2016

London with Laura


I had a nice jaunt to London to do a TV thing with the fab Laura Cantrell (which I will tell you about when I can).


I also sat on the other side of the glass at BBC 6music and bore witness while this great interview went down on the Cerys Matthews' BBC 6music show (listen out for audio of Bob Dylan quoting John Peel on Laura and other yummy stuff). 


Me being some laugh with Laura and Cerys.
LC signing autographs outside the BBC

It was so great to catch up with Laura again. What a talent to have as a pal. And she is singing better than ever. Excellent musical companions Mark Spencer and Jordan Caress were in tow from the US too. We ate some great Thai food and I schooled them in the correct pronunciation of Gloucester.

You're coming to see Laura Cantrell on her current UK tour, right? All dates are here.

After an "I'll see you in Glasgow on Sunday", I went to Tate Britain to see my pal Harry Pye:


This not a picture of me and Harry Pye

Then a picture of Big Ben (pedant alert):



Whence to King's Cross, my ensuing train journey home being enhanced by the experience of Peter Mandelson's doppelgänger spilling some Stella Artois on our table but hey I'm over it - it's not like I need to go on about it or anything.


Here's a wee taste of Chopin's Ecossaises No1 to make you smile:



And relax.



No comments:

Post a Comment