Monday 23 May 2016

The Crews


Linda Campbell was the first person to let me make music for a film.

"A Shot In The Dark" was made in two days as part of the 48 Hour Film Festival in Glasgow in 2011.


Through Linda's film (and, indeed, Linda's force of personality) I quickly met lots of good flying-by-the-seat-of-their-pants filmmaker types from in and around Glasgow; folk who weren't necessarily trained or professional but just wanted to get on and make films: actors, writers, directors, editors, producers, etc.

Director Colin Ross Smith asked me to make music for his short film "The Lost Purse" (for which I was nominated for a BAFTA Scotland New Talent Award (*hooray*)):


I worked on other stuff with Colin but most recently he got me involved with The Crews; a Glasgow crime drama thingy that was made a few years ago. The music originally used was not cleared for broadcast and now *drum roll* it is going out on STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh.

When Colin sent me through the episodes to watch I thought, "I'll dip into one and see what it's like". When I go to the end I wanted to watch the next one to see what happens. Then the next one until I'd watched them all in one night.

Amazing what can be achieved with a small budget and big enthusiasm.

So...

The Crews is on STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh every night for one week from Monday 23rd May at 11pm. It will also be shown in two omnibus episodes from 10pm on 30th May.





No comments:

Post a Comment